Apricot Chicken with Lemon Cous-Cous
I have made this recipe twice now and loved it each time. It’s so simple to make, the only thing I found took some time was all the chopping but then its very minimal overall.
This apricot and tomato chicken tagine with lemon and coriander cous-cous went down very well on Saturday night when I cooked it for myself, Molly, my Mum and Step-Dad. For the last god-knows how many years (5 maybe!) Saturday night has always been take-away night at my Mum’s house, but this Saturday I decided we should all be a bit healthier and so I decided to cook this. Molly enjoyed the tomatoes most of all but the whole dish is rather sweet so it’s a hit with the little ones!
It is so filling with big portions and uses basic ingredients, so it’s a winner!
4 chicken breasts
4 cloves of garlic
6 salad tomatos
2 red peppers
2 cans of apricots
100g of green beens
400ml of chicken stock
250g of cous cous
salt and pepper
1. Slice up the garlic, tomatoes, peppers, been beens and apricots and put aside.
2. Dice the chicken breast and cook in olive oil in a large frying fan until white through.
3. Add in the garlic, peppers, tomatoes, apricots, green beens and stock and turn to simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Cook the couscous by covering it with boiling water in a bowl and cover with foil for 10 minutes.
5. Fluff the cous cous and season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the zest and juice of two lemons to the cous cous and mix well.
7. Share out the cous cous onto the plates and pile the chicken tagine mix on.
8. Cover with coriander.
This recipe is an adaption to the Weight Watchers Spicy Chicken Tagine.